We perform completely individualized weight-management care for our patients. We provide education and guidelines on important topics such as portion sizes and work-life balance. Our staff assists patients in obtaining their goals. In certain cases, medication will be offered.
Our team recommends the following resources:
- Diet/fitness tracking applications
Weight Management Throughout Pregnancy:
Weight management throughout pregnancy is a truly individualized process. Weight loss may be healthy in pregnancy. Assessment of weight gain during pregnancy depends on factors such as the patient’s current weight and nutrition/lifestyle habits.
Current ACOG guidelines recommend:
- Those with a pre-pregnancy BMI under 18.5 should gain 28–40 pounds.
- Normal-weight women (BMI, 18.5–24.9) should aim for 25–35.
- Overweight women (BMI, 25–29.9) should aim for 15–25.
- Obese women (BMI, 30 or more) should gain only 11–20.